Who is eligible to receive the stimulus payment?
- Taxpayers who have social security numbers
- Taxpayers who have income below $75,000; $112,500 for Head of Household; $150,000 for married couples.
How much is the payment?
$1,200 per taxpayer; $2,400 if married filing jointly; and $500 per qualifying child under age seventeen.
What do I need to do to get the payment?
- Anyone who filed a tax return for 2018 or 2019 will automatically receive the payment by direct deposit to the account provided with those returns. If the bank information is no longer valid visit https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments and use the Get my payment application to update your information.
- If you receive Social Security, Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) or survivor’s benefits, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Veterans Affairs (VA) benefits, Railroad Retirement or survivor benefits and are not required to file a tax return you do not need to do anything to receive your EIP. Your stimulus payment will arrive in the same way as your monthly benefit payments.
What should I do if I do not receive SS, SSDI, SSI, VA benefits, or Railroad Retirement benefits?
If you are a Non-Filer who does not receive the above benefits you must file a Non-filer application here https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments. You fall into this group if:
- You receive income from a job, interest, dividends, unemployment compensation, or investments and were not required to file a return because the total amount was under the filing threshold.
- If you are a recipient of Social Security, Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) or survivor’s benefits, Railroad Retirement or survivor benefits and you have a qualifying child under age 17, you must use the Non-filer application to claim the $500 payment
- Please note if you are required to file a return for 2018 or 2019 and did not file one you should not use the Non-filer application. You must file your return as soon as possible to claim your stimulus payment. File online here.